This post likely means nothing to anyone but me, Cuzzin Hildy-Bob and the Undead Sports Fan. But we are getting a rare treat tonight. My #1 team, the Colorado Avalanche, and my #1 Eastern Conference team, the Buffalo Sabres, are playing each other. It's kind of a rarity for a Western conference team to play an Eastern conference team this early in the season these days.
I was born in Colorado but my family actually lived in Wyoming at the time. I didn't come to live in Colorado until I was 10 years old. In my younger days we had the Colorado Rockies, who I believe eventually became the New Jersey Devils. Of course the Colorado Rockies is now the name of our baseball team. We didn't have a hockey team for a while, and then in 1995, the Quebec Nordiques were purchased and became the Avalanche.
The first live game I saw was between the Avalanche and the Sabres. My family on both sides is from upstate New York, so the Sabres are the hockey team of my peeps, yo.
I haven't had a fantasy hockey team in more than 10 years but think I may build one this year. It will help me keep from getting too depressed while I raise the green to have the data extracted from my dead hard drive so I can work on my story again.
2 comments:
I thought you once said you kept your writing on some kind of zip drive that you could take to work with you, or something like that.
I save my documents to a remote server so I can download them to any computer. Unfortunately, the hard drive crashed before I could finish making some critical saves so everything I was working on is now in limbo until (and if) I can get it recovered.
Post a Comment